5 Facts you probably didn’t know about the logistics industry
Logistics industry has become a crucial and integral part of majority of business operations today. It has served as a strong pillar to the successful business expansion of brands in the recent years. Here are some interesting facts about the logistics industry:
- The concept of “logistics” was derived during the Second World War (1939-1945) when the United States army developed effective and efficient logistics concepts to deliver services and supplies at the right place and right time to the people. Many of these techniques are being widely used even today, just in a more transformed manner.
- The concept of 3PL Logistics was developed by Ken Ackerman and Dean Wise in the year 1985.
- Out of the employed people in the U.K every 1 in 12 people are working in the logistics industry, whereas every 1 in 15 employed people in the U.S. are working in the logistics industry.
- Opportunities and growth of logistics sector is booming in developing economies like India where there is an increased need and demand for transportation.
- As per the LPI Country Global Rankings of 2016, Germany tops the list followed by Luxembourg, Sweden, Netherlands and Singapore.